Highlands Experiment Farm, the Agricultural Exhibition Hall, the Agricultural Extension Committee, the Education and Research Center for Agricultural Automation, and the Hydrotech Research Laboratory. In addition, four organizations are informally affiliated with our college: the Farm Machinery Workshop, the Phytotron Laboratory, the Electron Microscope Laboratory, and the Isotope Laboratory.
CBA is actively developing all agriculture-related fields. We have moved rapidly to develop agricultural production technology in order to reach international agriculture research standards. We also research agricultural management, agricultural environment protection and agricultural sustainability in order to meet the national agricultural demands. We also promote agricultural standards in Taiwan.
CBA comprises several research highlights, including
- Rice variety Tainan 16 based on Marker Assisted Selection
- Coolbi family (green fluorescein Tg cloned pigs)
- Authenticity identification of agricultural products
- BioPerspectives and sustainable use of genetic bioresources
- Wild-field monitoring system and pest forecast service
- Plant factory and vertical farming
The twenty-first century will be the century of bio-resources, bioinformation, and biotechnology. At the beginning of the century, the college was renamed to better focus on the richness of bio-resources and bio-variety. The College will play a leading role in promoting sustainable agricultural development in Taiwan and Asia.