Our department emphasizes bio- psycho- social model and combines primary care, preventive medicine, community medicine, behavioral science and palliative medicine to provide holistic care. Our goal is to nurture primary care practitioners with clinical ability, doctor- patient relationship, medial ethics, and medical informatics to provide total care to the public. We have recently explored new frontiers in preventive medicine such as women’s health, cancer screening and travel medicine.
We encourage further research and clinical applications to improve the quality of primary care, and the fields of research are summarized as follows:
- To promote the indigenous system of family physician, “ Family Physician Integration Delivery System” has been implemented in more than 300 groups under the National Health Insurance.
- Stress and mental health in medical students and residents, exploration of medical students’ orientation forward physicians empathy, the biological index of psychosomatic disease, and the prevention and treatment of depression.
- The research of problem- based learning in medical students and clinical education of residents, including Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- The research of symptomatology, quality of life, quality of dying and death in terminally ill patients and palliative care.
- The research of comprehensive assessment of elderly and geriatric syndrome.
- Basic and clinical research of obesity and metabolic syndrome
- The research of application of medical informatics
- The research of community health promotion.
- The research of smoking cessation.
- The research of women’s health
- The research of travel medicine