Our department was founded in 1898, during the period of Japanese governance. After the world War II, the hospital institution was changed from the German/Japanese system to the American system, and also set up residency system in 1950.
Since 1950s, our department has always played a leading role in launching new medicines, introducing new techniques, and fostering outstanding personnel in the field of obstetrics and gynecology in Taiwan. In the 1980s, our department was working toward subspecialization, including high risk pregnancy, prenatal diagnosis, gynecological oncology, urogynecology, reproductive endocrinology and assisted reproductive technology. We also began training fellows to be subspecialty doctors in the beginning of 1990s. We have had an excellent team to develop farsighted research and they have published widely. Our medical service and research are at international standards, and hence we are striving towards becoming Asia’s top women’s health care center.