11. 整理能源國家型科技計畫在推動產學合作與橋接的經驗，做為科技部推動與落實產學諮議會與相關政策的原型平台(Pilot Platform)。
Abstract: Based on the resolution of Phase II of the National Energy Program (NEP-II) at the 204th Meeting of the National Science Council (NSC) held on November 12, 2013 and from the standards of the "Operations Manual of the National Science Technology Program", the National Energy Program - Phase II (NEP-II): Program Office Operations & Management (2015) Project was established to pursue the tasks related to the Operations and Management responsibilities of NEP-II.
The overall research organization objectives of NEP-II was set up to promote, manage, and coordinate all science and technology efforts among the various Ministries and government Bureaus under the Executive Yuan. The overall aim of NEP-II, which include "Security, Efficiency, and Cleanliness," as well as setting the guidelines for science & technology and industrial development serve to set the direction for executing NEP-II strategy for all national energy policies, plans, and programs.
The overall research organization plan of NEP-II was designed to promote, manage, and coordinate all science and technology efforts under the Executive Yuan. Regardless of whether it is a project set-up, a review, an evaluation, performance review, etc., all science and technology programs of NEP-II will be coordinated under the policies and regulations issued by upper-level government agencies. To accomplish these goals, the Program Office was established to ensure the successful execution of NEP-II.
Moreover, based on the decision of the advisory committee of NEP-II and the directives issued by former Minister Chang (Vice Premier of Executive Yuan currently) of Ministry of Science & Technology (MOST), the model and the experience obtained during the execution of NEP-II shall become a major reference point for the planning of all future National Science & Technology Projects to be initiated by MOST. The management and promotional experience of NEP-II will be used as the pilot platform for the University-Industry Advisory Committee of MOST to examine the policy and execution steps related to enhancing the collaboration between the universities and the enterprises. In summary, the NEP-II program office also has tasks related to assimilate all experiences gained in managing NEP-II projects in order to provide a summary and a starting point for MOST to plan and to promote collaborations between academia and the enterprises.
In summary, the missions and positions of this Program Office are as follows:
1. Plan and promote the operation of NEP-II, which include review, management, and evaluation.
2. Coordinate, integrate, and promote the execution of NEP-II.
3. Conduct preliminary reviews of the annual budgets of various departments and bureaus within NEP-II
4. Supervise and evaluate the execution of each plan.
5. Manage and analyze all NEP-II program related data.
6. Conduct NEP-II research results exhibition, training courses, news release, etc.
7. Promote international cooperation and collaborative technology partnership on energy technology abroad.
8. Perform self-evaluation of NEP-II milestone and achievements.
9. Plan the exit program and management issues transfer for projects.
10. Assemble the experiences learned from the promotion and management of NEP-II in order to provide feedbacks and reference guideline for the planning and analysis of future National Science and Technology Programs to be pursued by MOST.
11. Assimilate the learning of enhancing the collaboration between academia and enterprises in NEP-II in order to create a pilot platform for the policy planning, and execution of the MOST University-Industry Advisory Committee.